South Shore Christian Academy, Weymouth, MA
SUMMER PROGRAM “Adventure Guide”
JOB SUMMARY (2022 – 23)
South Shore Christian Academy is a vibrant, culturally diverse preschool – grade 12 Christian school in Weymouth, Massachusetts. We are searching for a dynamic, energetic, resourceful, responsible, and highly organized individual to propose and plan a week’s worth of thematic activities for students in grades PS-5, and to implement those plans for two, nonconsecutive, week-long sessions during our summer program in June and July for students in grades 1-5.
Each of these sessions will be designed to engage students in thematic learning and spiritual growth through fun, active, hands-on activities, on and off campus. This individual will report to our Summer Program Director and Enrichment Coordinator, and will oversee their assigned
Summer Program Helper.
This is a temporary position offered each summer, approximately 40 hours per week. Ideally this person will oversee the programming for two of the weeks between June 12 and ending July 28,
2023, with the week of Independence Day off. The exact weeks will be determined by the
Enrichment Coordinator and the Adventure Guide and will not be consecutive weeks. The
Adventure Guide will arrive on campus by 7:40, as children will arrive ahead of the program start time of 8:00 am. The programming will end daily at 4:00. Planning and preparing student activities, as well as written parent communications, will happen outside those hours, presumably each afternoon after students have been picked up.
● Work with the Enrichment Coordinator to come up with a theme for their two weeks of programming for grades PS-5.
● Conceptualize thematic activities for their two weeks of programming, including stories, games, field trips, crafts, etc. for both age groups (Preschool-Kindergarten, 1st-5th grades)
● Conduct thematic activities for grades 1-5 (The Summer Program Director will conduct the programming for the younger children).
● Exercise responsibility for the whereabouts and well-being of all children in their assigned group.
● Lead students in prayer, Bible learning, and worship as called for in the lessons.
● Foster a culture of joy and discovery
● Exhibit and instill Christian character in students
● Report to Enrichment Coordinator and/or Summer Program Director and communicate any concerns, questions, or updates
● Must affirm Statement of Faith and Teaching Positions; must be a committed Christian eager to disciple and mentor young children in their faith
● Experience in education, youth ministry, outdoor recreation, or camp programs preferred
● Must exhibit a high degree of cultural competency to contribute within a multi-racial, multi-denominational environment
● Must hold valid driver’s license and clean driving record, and be able to transport students in a 15-passenger van
● Must submit to background checks and employment authorizations
● Regularly required to walk, sit, stand, talk, hear, and see (close and distant vision required)
● Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
● Required to move about campus, climb stairs, and keep up with energetic school-age children
● Must demonstrate competency in, or ability to quickly adopt use of, basic word processing, learning management system, and electronic communication functions, as well as all applications used in the regular functioning of the school
For more information or to apply, please visit southshorechristian.org/careers/.