Advancement Services and Events Coordinator
Shore Country Day School, Beverly, MA
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement, the Advancement Services and Events
Coordinator is a non-exempt position that has responsibility for gift processing (working closely
with the Director of Advancement Services), event planning and support, Institutional
Advancement office support, and data entry. This is an opportunity to support a collaborative
Institutional Advancement office while joining a vibrant school community at Shore.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Process all gifts, pledges, stock transactions, matching gifts, and payroll deductions as
well as update personal information included with gifts
● Conduct accurate and timely gift batches into Raiser’s Edge in consultation with the
Director of Advancement Services to ensure precise processing of gifts
● Generate timely and donor-centric receipts, gift acknowledgments, pledge reminders,
invoices, and other correspondence
● Manage online giving transactions and generate statistical reports
● Maintain and safeguard gift and payment information in accordance with applicable
privacy and data security laws
● Work closely with the Business Office on monthly reconciliations and in preparation for
the annual audit; implement accounting best practices
● Oversee robust calendar of school events, including school-wide events (graduation,
Grandfriends Visiting Day, etc.) as well as donor cultivation and recognition, alumni,
admissions, volunteer appreciation, etc.
● Lead event planning process and provide support for all events; write all event memos
and assist with logistics planning including invitations, vendor communications, tracking
RSVPs, producing name tags, post-event follow-up, and more
● Coordinate with colleagues across campus as appropriate in the event-planning process
● Strive to keep events environmentally friendly; maintain detailed event records and
budgets; track expenses carefully
● Assist with event set up and staffing; work occasional nights and weekends as needed
Institutional Advancement Office Support
● Aid Director of Institutional Advancement with administrative tasks including calendar
scheduling and meeting coordination
● Maintain organization and supplies in office supply room; oversee office files
● Assist with donor stewardship and alumni relations, including gift inventory
● Prepare expense reports and invoices; help manage Institutional Advancement budgets
● Maintain documentation of Institutional Advancement Office policies and procedures
● Assist with filing and scanning as needed
● Help prepare Advancement Office mailings
● Monitor department email accounts daily and ensure timely replies
● Other duties as assigned
● Make timely and accurate constituent updates in Raiser’s Edge to biographical and other
relevant data received through internal and external sources including NCOA, online
forms, surveys, events, prospect meetings, and research
● Support fundraiser colleagues with prospect pipeline and moves management systems
including filing contact reports, tracking actions, and coordinating the portfolio process
We seek a creative and energetic professional with a customer service mentality who will thrive
in a collaborative environment as part of the Institutional Advancement team and the Shore
Country Day School community. Must have demonstrated success with excellent organizational
skills, time management, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and collaborate as
part of an effective team. Must have proven ability to craft and edit correspondence, internal and
external communications; provide timely response to requests, information, and service.
A successful candidate will be able to problem-solve, manage multiple projects in a fast-paced
environment, and present information and respond to questions from parents, school
employees, volunteers, and the public. Must maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion at
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and two to three years of experience in an office setting (school environment
preferred) with a specific focus on data, fundraising, special events, or related field. Must be
skilled with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM database.
Proficiency with Mac programs will be considered a plus.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Katie Kozin, Director of Institutional
Advancement, at email@example.com.
Candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
A criminal background check will be conducted.
EQUITY AND INCLUSION COMMITMENT
● We are a safe community that empowers the exploration and expression of our true
● We thrive because we confront bias and honor the diverse identities of all people.
● We pursue individual and systemic cultural competence in order to model equity
leadership in a complex world.