Advancement Office Database Manager
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Advancement Office Database Manager. The individual in this position will be accountable for:
- Working collaboratively with the Advancement Office staff, senior administrative staff, department heads, faculty and staff to provide accurate information on alumnae, parents, and other constituents
- Maintaining constituent records (approximately 6800 alumnae and 3500 parents) and all related Alumnae Office at
- Performing specialized and technical tasks relating to maintenance of constituent records and files
- Providing data needed for all solicitations and communication from the Advancement Office
- Providing support and training for all advancement and alumnae relations programs, as needed, as well as recording gifts and event registrations, including reunion
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of report inventory and their uses and working with staff to clarify report requests and formatting needs, as well as make changes to enhance Crystal Report /custom report formats, as needed
- Creating and maintaining appeal codes and producing reports on appeal effectiveness
- Reviewing and updating annually the Advancement Office manual, including instructional procedures for gift processing, end-of-year activities, and policies that improve data integrity
- Producing weekly, monthly and annual statistical reports on gifts, pledge reminders, and other related fundraising reports.
- Facilitating monthly reconciliation of gifts and pledges entered into the system and working closely with the Business Office to reconcile gift information accurately
- Facilitating the stewardship process for restricted and endowed funds, ensuring timely
entry of data into Raiser’s Edge and generating letters for the appropriate stewards of
- Performing all year-end procedures including closing the Annual Fund by reconciling with the Business Office, and participating in annual (summer) data turnover
- Collaborating with the Director of Information Systems and personnel in offices across campus to ensure the efficient and accurate exchange of data, and attending Campus Data Group meetings
- Supervising the Prospect Researcher and Gift Coordinator
Candidates must have: a bachelor’s degree; work experience in data management; technical knowledge of data management systems and processes; experience with relevant Blackbaud solutions preferred, such as Raiser’s Edge/NXT and Online Express.
Successful candidates will possess: excellent problem-solving, technology, and customer service skills; superior time-management skills with an ability to manage many tasks and projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines and maintaining quality work products; excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and an ability to create effective action plans to meet goals; effective communication skills, both orally and in writing; an ability to communicate complex issues, as well as to maintain open communication channels with relevant stakeholders.
This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and multicultural educational practices.