Shady Hill School, Cambridge, MA
The Advancement Coordinator is a critical contributor to the work of the Advancement Office. The Advancement Coordinator is responsible for project-managing various Advancement Office communications including a quarterly e-newsletter, an annual report, email appeals, and condolence notes. This position assists the Events Coordinator with all major Advancement Office events, interfaces with school alumni and donors, and serves as the point person for Alumni Class Notes, coordinating with many alumni volunteers. The Advancement Coordinator also handles department administrative tasks such as taking occasional meeting minutes and ordering supplies. This is a full time, hourly, 12-month position. This is an in-person position with the possibility of a hybrid remote schedule during the summer months.
- Gather articles for the quarterly e-newsletter that goes to alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, etc. Lay out the newsletter in Constant Contact, using other programs for photos/graphics as needed.
- Assist the Director of Development with merge-mailings for quarterly annuity payments, other planned giving work, stewardship reporting, pledge reminders, etc.
- Assist the Director of Annual Programs on print and email appeals.
- Assist the Events Coordinator on major events, creating registration forms, tracking RSVPs, producing nametags and materials, helping at the event itself, ordering giveaways when needed, etc.
- Prepare agendas and handouts for Alumni Board meetings, Advancement Committee meetings, and other volunteer groups. Take minutes at some meetings.
- Assist the Director of Advancement Services and Research with database research and data entry
- Conduct research each winter/spring into where our young graduates are planning to attend college, reaching out by email to alumni now finishing high school, and their parents as needed. Compile results for use by Admission Office and for updating the alumni database.
- Compose customized condolence notes when needed, for Head of School’s review and signature.
- Order supplies for the Department, as needed.
- Maintain electronic files and shared folders system.
- Provide support for other members of the Advancement Office as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in fundraising environment, preferably in an independent school
- Excellent administrative, proofreading, and time management skills
- Experience with Constant Contact, ThankView, Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote
- Experience with a donor database, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Experience creating videos
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- High standard of professional competence, including adherence to a professional code of ethical conduct and a high level of confidentiality
- Sense of joy and humor
- Willingness to learn
- Regular schedule is Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional weekend and weeknight work required, for events.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 professional references (references will not be contacted without permission of candidate) to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Advancement Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
Shady Hill offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a school-matched retirement plan and paid time off. Shady Hill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employees must be authorized to work in the United States. For a description of the school, refer to: www.shs.org.
COVID19 Protocols: All Shady Hill employees are required to provide proof of vaccination and to observe campus COVID protocols. All health and safety protocols are subject to change based on state, local and CDC guidelines and at the discretion of the Health and Safety Team.