Advancement Communications and Donor Relations Coordinator
Milton Academy, Milton, MA
Milton Academy seeks an Advancement Communications and Donor Relations Coordinator.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for support of Advancement Communications and Donor Relations activities, including in support of events, donor relations and fundraising deliverables and experiences, as well as general office support for the development and alumni relations team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serves a lead role in developing and maintaining advancement webpages, keeping content relevant and ensuring an on-brand online experience.
- Under the direction of the director, develops and analyzes social media strategy and content that engages key audiences (alumni, parents, friends of Milton) and builds pride and loyalty to the school; produces a monthly e-newsletter; supports the writing, designing, and sending of emails; and monitors online engagement.
- Leads and/or supports colleagues with various mailing projects (letters, gifts) and assists teammates with project management and gift inventory. Works with outside vendors to coordinate printing, schedule photo/video shoots, and more. Responsible for organizing photo/video assets and curating resources for various communications and donor relations projects.
- Supports and tracks internal and external communications and stewardship projects and initiatives, as well as alumni milestone information (class notes, birth and death notifications). Ensures necessary information is added to constituent database. Manages the Class Notes operation and serves as an administrative liaison for Milton Magazine.
- Manages firstname.lastname@example.org email account and social media messaging accounts.
- Contributes advancement content in the form of writing, photography, and design and serves as a resource for proofreading and fact-checking. Ensures compliance with Milton Academy’s branding and editorial style guides.
- Provides general administrative support to ensure the success of the communication and donor relations team, including paying invoices, reconciling the budget, monthly reports, list requests, calendar support, etc.
- Assist the director in monitoring philanthropic trends as well as news and best practices in communications and donor relations at peer institutions.
- Other office-wide duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other required experience and abilities:
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the Google suite, and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Hootsuite); familiarity with the Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge), WordPress, email marketing tools (e.g. Emma), and other digital tools and platforms (e.g. Canva).
- Strong writer and excellent proofreader.
- Critical thinker and eager problem solver.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills—ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable as a liaison to campus colleagues, alumni, parents, friends of Milton, and business professionals; excellent customer service is a must.
A bachelor’s degree and one-two years of experience is required.
Milton Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin or ancestry, age, veteran status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are fundamental elements of Milton’s mission. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.