Advancement Assistant Office for Institutional Advancement
St. John’s Prep, Danvers, MA
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll approximately 1,500 students from more than 90 communities.
The Advancement Assistant reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer and works closely with all members of the Office for Institutional Advancement to provide day-to-day support to the members and functions of the entire team. The Advancement Assistant will be responsible for overall administrative office activities for Advancement. The ideal candidate should possess the skills to work in a fast-paced office environment, have experience with Raiser’s Edge, and have the desire to strengthen alumni and parent engagement at St. John’s Prep. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required. This is an hourly, full-time, year-round position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the entire Advancement team. Directly supports the Chief Advancement Officer with communications, planning, and administrative tasks.
- Ensures effective telephone, mail/email communications both internally and externally.
- Accurately tracks event registrations, creates name tags, and maintains event information in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge.
- Leads and/or assists with event logistics and on-site registration.
- Helps to maintain the alumni directory and biographical information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provides back-up to the Executive Assistant to the Headmaster as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and juggle many projects concurrently.
- Desire to work with a variety of people including staff and faculty school-wide.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Anticipate staff needs ahead of major events and solicitations; take a proactive approach to planning and execution.
- Advancement experience is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Some experience working in a professional setting.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge experience required.
St. John’s Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, student engagement, interpersonal communication, and curricular decisions. For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life programs, please visit www.stjohnsprep.org.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Assistant Head of School for Human Resources at email@example.com.