Admissions Office Greeter and Visit Coordinator
Middlesex School, Concord, MA
The Admissions Greeter and Visit Coordinator is a key member of the Admissions Office, serving as the first face of the school for prospective families and often for other visitors. Above all else, the position requires warmth, sensitivity, and grace under pressure. The position reports directly to the Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid and works closely with all members of the Admissions team. In addition to greeting families and coordinating their 90-minute visit of the school, the Greeter/Visit Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Works with an admission officer on the training and scheduling of tour guides, and meets regularly with Head Tour Guides.
- On a weekly basis, meets with the Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid to assign interviews. Manages interview calendar as updates/changes occur.
- Manages the travel calendar of admission officers, coordinating fairs/receptions and working with officers to ensure adequate on-campus coverage.
- Coordinates details and mailings involved in the notification and response process.
- Works closely with other members of the support staff to coordinate operations workflow and, when possible, assists in various ongoing processing tasks.
- Collaborates frequently with other school departments.
- Maintains inventory of various materials and publications and works with Dean and others when supplies needed.
Technical skills—in particular, prior database, Microsoft Office, and Zoom expertise —strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and an optimistic mindset are additional requirements; familiarity with independent schools is a plus but not required.
The position is full time, year-round, with a 35-hour work week that encompasses the hours of 8-3:30. The ability to meet the specific hours and occasionally stay later during peak work periods is a necessity. This is a benefits eligible position.
Please email cover letter and resume (as a single pdf please) to: Doug Price, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid, Middlesex School, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Middlesex School is an Equal Opportunity Employer