Admissions Coordinator (Immediate Opening)
Dexter Southfield School, Brookline, MA
About Dexter Southfield
Dexter Southfield is an independent school where boys and girls in Pre-K through Class 12 develop their individual talents and build an ethical foundation for life. Students learn to lead and serve with character, confidence, and compassion. Our 36-acre campus is located on the Brookline-Boston line, just minutes from the city’s best museums, libraries, hospitals, performing arts venues, colleges, and universities—all of which serve as an extension of our classrooms. At Dexter Southfield, we approach everything we do with enthusiasm and commitment, living by our School’s motto: “Our Best Today, Better Tomorrow.”
About This Role
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for supporting student recruitment, admissions, and enrollment efforts at Dexter Southfield with a primary focus on departmental administrative tasks and management of student information systems and web-based platforms. This position assists the Events Coordinator with all major Admissions Office events, interfaces with prospective families, and serves as the point person for all general admissions related inquiries. The Admissions Coordinator reports to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Professionally interact with families and visitors throughout the admissions process (in person, phone, email)
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management and team
- Serve as the initial point of contact for families inquiring about the admissions and enrollment process
- Maintain and document data and analytical processes, marketing automation and procedures, programs, and workflows
- Manage the Enrollment Office’s various technological platforms to ensure cohesion and consistency in admissions data
- Assists in the management of all candidates admissions process that includes but is not limited to arranging campus tours and information sessions, distribution of digital and printed communication, the review application materials, and overall support of families exploring admission
- Partner with Admissions Communications liaison to develop personalized, segmented, and journey-based communications based on audience data including demographic, behavioral, and CRM
- Participate in the admissions decision-making process (Student observations, supporting committee work, and release and management of decisions)
- Partners with Admissions Events Coordinator and serves as representative member of the admissions office in Weekly Operations meetings
- Participates in all admissions events involving prospective and admitted students including, but not limited to, Open Houses, Revisit Days, Dexter Southfield Day, etc.
- Maintains an on-campus presence during academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities
- Remains current with the School’s admission process and programs (academics, athletics, and arts)
- Other duties, including coaching sports and serving as a student advisor, as assigned
- Supports the daily operation and mentorship of the Enrollment Office and team
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field required
- At least 1 year of full-time experience in recruitment or admissions, preferably in an independent school
- Understanding of and familiarity of the independent school environment
- Effective communication skills (oral, writing, non-verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills to effectively engage a diverse population
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills to meet deadlines efficiently and accurately
- An attention to detail with a consistent ability to apply sound judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Proven track record as a highly collaborative individual in a team-based environment with strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills both in person and online.
- Exhibits a growth mindset and willingness to learn new skills and grow professionally.
- Ability to create and contribute to an engaging and inclusive learning environment and workplace
- History of continued education or professional development
- Ability to be flexible, effectively manage stress, and adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Suite, and Excel skills.
- Punctual and consistent attendance, good sense of humor, and strong work ethic
At Dexter Southfield, we promote a culture of excellence that extends beyond academics, athletics, and the arts. We value a diverse and inclusive community in which different identities and perspectives are accepted and respected to create a sense of belonging for all.
Full-time employees are eligible for a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plus retirement benefits, free breakfast and lunch, and other rewards and discounts. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for this position through the Careers page of our website at www.dextersouthfield.org/careers.