Commonwealth School, Boston, MA
Commonwealth School seeks a part-time Admissions Coordinator to begin in September 2022. This is a seasonal position (September 2022 through April 2023) with the potential to be extended.
Commonwealth, an independent day school in Boston’s Back Bay, serving students in grades 9–12, is known for its rigorous academics, low student-teacher ratio, strong program in the arts, and unparalleled access to the city’s many resources. In the warmth of a small yet richly varied community, we work closely and collaboratively as we strive, as our mission suggests, to educate young people from diverse backgrounds to become knowledgeable, thoughtful, and creative adults capable of careful analysis, fruitful cooperation, and responsible leadership. Detailed information about the school is available on our website.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid and the Assistant Director of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator will help manage the admissions process from the point of inquiry through enrollment. This position combines administrative responsibilities with opportunities for personal connection and growth. The time commitment will range from 10 to 15 hours per week, and the hourly rate is competitive. This is a primarily remote position, although we would prefer for training and a few other projects to be completed in person, and it is not eligible for benefits.
- Providing information to prospective students and parents/guardians about all aspects of the admissions process
- Working with families to schedule admissions appointments and visits
- Processing application materials and managing student information across databases
- Providing support with virtual outreach and recruitment events
- Assisting with one-off and annual projects as needed
- A bachelor’s degree and some professional experience
- A sincere interest in working as part of a team
- A warm personality and an eagerness to interact with a range of constituencies
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, adapt, and prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- A high degree of computer literacy, including proficiency using Google Workspace and learning new technology
Commonwealth School seeks candidates with a demonstrated commitment to supporting equity and inclusion in a diverse community. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Director of Admissions and Financial Aid Carrie Healy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Commonwealth School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. Commonwealth will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.