Gann Academy, Waltham, MA
Gann Academy is a pluralistic Jewish high school that challenges students to cultivate their talents and interests in all areas of human potential: intellectual, artistic, spiritual, and physical. Our faculty, comprised of Jewish and non-Jewish educators, facilitates the student journey. We seek teachers committed to collaborating and growing in their teaching practice; supporting diverse learners in the classroom; and connecting with students outside the school, formally and informally.
Gann Academy is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe including diverse perspectives will improve our work, societal, and learning outcomes. All employees participate in this commitment, whether internally, in building a welcoming workplace culture, or externally, in ensuring inclusive engagement with families and other community members.
Perhaps most of all, Gann offers a community of intelligent, collaborative, and compassionate professionals who care about their work, school, and colleagues. We help one another learn, solve problems, and have fun.
Gann Academy is seeking an Admissions Associate. In direct partnership with the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Associate ensures effective and efficient admission efforts of the school, from seeking new potential prospects to generating interest among known prospects and stewarding families through the full application process. The Admissions Associate has a portfolio of prospective students who serve as the key contact person from the first point of inquiry through enrollment. This position supports the school’s external and internal recruiting efforts, including responsibility for planning, coordinating, and supervising specific programs or projects.
This is an in-person,Full-time(Seasonal August 2023 – January 2024) position.
Gann Academy is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe including diverse perspectives will improve our work and produce better societal and learning outcomes for all. All employees take part in this commitment whether internally, in building a welcoming workplace culture and /or externally, in ensuring inclusive engagement with families, donors, vendors, allies, and others.
- Take ownership of parent tour program. Recruit parents, create a comprehensive training program for tour guides, and coordinate volunteer schedules with the Admissions Coordinator in a way that best matches tour guides and families.
- Meet prospective students and their parents to discuss admission procedures, school policies, and the unique merits of a Gann Academy education. Conduct tours, interviews, and other meetings with prospective students and their families as needed.
- Manage Gannbassadors program.
- Collaborate on strategies and tactics to increase the number and range of students who inquire about admission to Gann to be used by Enrollment colleagues; develop deep and mutually beneficial institutional partnerships at select feeder schools and select synagogues.
- Serve as an as-needed member of the Admissions Decision Committee to make decisions for the families you steward.
- Develop and keep confidential and positive working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents, board members, and donors; support all constituents as needed.
- Attend Gann recruitment and yield admissions events (*A non-negotiable requirement of this position is attendance for Open House – A Must).
- Availability for flexibility to work during school hours, some nights, and/or weekends.
- Build enthusiasm among accepted families to maximize yield.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions or designee.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required;
- 1 to 3 years of admissions, development, or stewardship experience is preferred; experience in an academic or school environment is a plus
- Possess excellent skills in written and oral communication, logistics management, and program organization;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people students, parents, faculty, staff, board members, and community members;
- Interest in working collaboratively with members of the Admissions, Development, andMarketing departments;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, professional phone and email etiquette related to content and response time;
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a changing, fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, assimilate information with accuracy and consistent attention to detail, and meet schedules and deadlines; and
- Self-starter with the ability to make thoughtful decisions quickly.
- Possess strong computer skills in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.; fluent with web-based communication and technology.
- Must be proficient in English to carry out work as assigned.