The Governor’s Academy, Byfield, MA
January 2023- May 2023
The Governor’s Academy, the oldest boarding school in New England, inspires and engages inquisitive students in ninth through twelfth grade. Our 456-acre campus is located thirty miles north of Boston and five miles south of Newburyport, a classic New England coastal town.
The Academy has approximately 400 students and 250 employees. Our faculty and staff are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive community that allows students to discover their passions, use their unique voices, and achieve academic and co-curricular excellence. Adults in our community are professionals who appreciate individuality, collaboration, and service to others – all so that we can go far together.
This is a temporary part-time position covering a parental leave January 2, 2023 to May 1, 2023. This position reports to the Director of Enrollment and assists with all aspects of the Academy’s admissions and recruitment process.
- Conduct interviews, representing The Governor’s Academy in a positive and honest manner.
- Experience with financial aid and international recruitment are desired.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Revisit Days.
- Must be able to work collegially; must be committed to working in a diverse community and have the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations; must enjoy working with students in a boarding school environment.
- A demonstrated interest in social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion work.
- Perform other faculty duties as assigned by the Head of School and/or the Assistant Head of School.
Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years experience in an Admissions Office; knowledge of independent and/or boarding school life preferred; must be a self starter and work independently; exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail; ability to make decisions; excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to interact professionally and work collaboratively in a group setting; some travel required. Must have a valid driver’s license, current passport, and successfully complete a CORI/fingerprinting check.
To apply for the Admission Officer position, please click here.