Admission Office Assistant
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, Natick, MA
Walnut Hill School for the Arts seeks an Admission Office Assistant to join its team of admission professionals. The Admission Office Assistant handles a wide range of administrative, clerical, and communications tasks essential to the success of the daily operations of the Admission Office. This position is responsible for updating and managing the Admission Office database, maintaining applicant and contact records, and overseeing the transfer of data from various online systems into the database. This individual manages applicant files, mail, and correspondence for the Admission Office, and supports other members of the Admission team. This role includes serving as the receptionist and greeting prospective students and families upon arrival.
This is a full-time (12-month) non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management. The weekly scheduled hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 AM-4:30 PM with overtime as necessary.
- Serving as the front-line receptionist for the Admission Office; greeting and welcoming visitors upon arrival and helping to coordinate their visit as needed;
- Answering and directing phone calls; responding to email requests and written correspondence for general information; forwarding calls and emails to appropriate admission representatives as needed;
- Managing the Admission Office database and import of data from outside sources such as online application sites and other referral sources;
- Supporting the admission and re-enrollment processes, including but not limited to data entry and data management for prospective students, application support, and returning student re-enrollment;
- Scheduling campus visits for prospective students, families, consultants, and other campus visitors as needed;
- Mailing admission materials in response to inquiries;
- Collaborating with colleagues on the Admission team and with faculty, staff, and other departments in coordination with the Director;
- Assisting with the planning and execution of Admission related events; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of 2 years administrative and data management experience, preferably in an admission or academic setting;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work with a wide range of people and respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and engaged student and parent population;
- High level of proficiency with a variety of technology and cloud-based computing systems, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications; experience with Filemaker or any CRM-based system a plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive community;
- Possess cultural competence in working with diverse populations and commitment to learning about and practicing anti-racist work;
- Experience with, or interest in, working with international students and families;
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with discretion; and
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with the team.
Walnut Hill School for the Arts, located in Natick, Massachusetts and 20 minutes from Boston, is an independent boarding and day high school offering a transformational educational experience designed for student artists in grades 9–post graduate. Walnut Hill combines a comprehensive college-preparatory academic curriculum with intensive, pre-professional artistic training in theatre, dance, music, visual art, and writing, film & media arts. Walnut Hill is committed to creating and enhancing an inclusive environment, and welcoming and celebrating a wide range of cultural, artistic, and educational backgrounds that compliments and supports our diverse community.
Commitment to the school’s Core Values, of Community, Growth, Excellence, Creativity, and Respect are imperative to the success of all Walnut Hill faculty, staff, and administration members. All Walnut Hill faculty/staff are active and engaged
members of the school community who are committed to collaborating and growing in their field, participating in school events, supporting students in their arts, supporting other faculty/staff members, and who have the ability to self-reflect on their own practice.
Health & Safety Protocols:
Walnut Hill School for the Arts has implemented health and safety protocols to mitigate the risk of the transmission of COVID-19. All employees and community members are required to follow the School’s policies and procedures including wearing masks, maintaining appropriate physical distance, participating in weekly COVID-19 testing if required, providing proof of vaccination, and other protocols as directed by School Administration. All health and safety protocols and policies are subject to change based on state, local, and CDC guidelines and at the discretion of School Administration.
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine and supply operation including but not limited to writing, using electronic devices, computer, phone, calculator, copy/fax machine, and printers. Stooping, bending, traveling to/from locations on campus, ascending/descending stairs, reaching and sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter through the Walnut Hill School for the Arts online Career Center.