Bancroft School, Worcester, MA
Bancroft School seeks an Admission Assistant to support the Admission office and the Director of Enrollment Management. The assistant organizes, coordinates, and performs administrative duties requiring independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
Strong organizational and communication skills and a professional customer service-oriented demeanor are essential to this forward-facing position. Therefore, discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy are of the utmost importance, as the assistant will be in frequent communication with faculty, administrators, parents, students, and community members.
The Admission Office uses Blackbaud as a database platform. We rely on accurate data and timely communication in support of all prospective students and their families. As one of the central users of Blackbaud, the Admission Assistant plays a critical role in managing the database as it supports office planning.
- Represent Bancroft School’s Admission Office by serving as the first point of contact via telephone, email, and in-person while providing excellent customer service to prospective families.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with students, families, faculty and staff.
- Schedule prospective family interviews and/or visits, confirming tour guide assignments as well as special interest and/or VIP (alumnae, trustee) needs.
- Manage office calendars including events, travel, and office coverage.
- Be conversant in database management (currently Blackbaud) including managing student records, generating reports, and coordinating both general and more-customized family communication.
- Be the primary liaison in support of events and assist the Admission office by organizing and coordinating all aspects of special events such as Open Houses, Information Sessions, Revisit Days, etc. and collaborate with division heads and administrators.
- Responsible for office mailings (prospective packets, postcards, etc.) and all general correspondence to prospective students throughout the inquiry to applicant to decision process.
- Responsible for inventory/reordering of all materials as needed.
- Work with the Director of Enrollment Management to ensure budget adherence and planning
- Collaborate with other departments, divisions, and administrators to staff school functions and events.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in an office setting.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and privacy in an educational environment.
- A high level of integrity and a strong work ethic.
- An eye for detail and a focus on timely execution of projects and updates, and the ability to assess and prioritize requests.
- Clear communication and effective collaboration.
- Enthusiastic about working with children, adolescents, and their families; greeting guests; and creating a welcoming environment while consistently providing a high level of customer service.
- Excellent computer skills including high proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in Blackbaud: including school-based data systems.
- A strong command of data organization.
- Ability to effectively multi-task while maintaining a detail-oriented, flexible, unflappable, and energetic demeanor with a strong emphasis on customer service.
Essential Attitudes & Aptitudes
- A collaborative spirit.
- A willingness to participate in and partner with colleagues on cultural and curricular initiatives.
- An understanding of and love for students and being in a school environment.
About Bancroft School
Through active, inquiry-based learning and challenging experiences, Bancroft School empowers students in grades PreK to 12 with the skills, knowledge and confidence to make a difference in their community and the world. Guided by outstanding teachers, curious learners engage with one another and celebrate the strengths and lived experiences of each individual. Bancroft School seeks to be the first choice for students and families seeking to own their journey to mastery and independence in an inclusive campus where each individual is safe, known, and valued.
Bancroft is located in Worcester, Massachusetts — a thriving city with a rich history and a bright future in which the school is deeply invested. Founded in 1900, Bancroft’s 30-acre campus is in a residential neighborhood just north of downtown. Our 400 students from 63 cities and towns around central Massachusetts represent a variety of different backgrounds that contribute to a unique and diverse learning environment.
In January of 2020, the school unveiled a 5-year strategic plan, BluePrint125 — a product of extensive internal investigation and collaborative discussion among the School’s many constituents. In recent years, the School has made significant investments in campus upgrades to improve energy efficiency, air quality, and public safety. Other major campus enhancements have included the creation of flexible, multi-functional learning spaces in the areas of performing arts, athletics, and technology.
Bancroft seeks dynamic candidates who will be active participants in the community beyond the classroom, with interest in supporting extracurricular activities in athletics, clubs, and other programs.
Bancroft is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org