Admission and Financial Aid Database Manager
Dana Hall School, Wellesley, MA
Dana Hall School seeks candidates for the position of Admission and Financial Aid Database Manager. The individual in this position will be responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining FileMaker database: keeping integrity of data, processing financial aid applications and awards, recording application statuses and decisions, and applying annual database updates
- Managing the processing of financial aid applications through SSS, updating financial aid files, and assisting families throughout the process
- Acting as liaison to other departments that rely on admission data and services, as well as the Technology Department for system issues and requirements
- Maintaining enrollment and re-enrollment numbers; tracking enrollment statistics, preparing annual statistical report(s), and completing surveys
- Overseeing system integrations and collaborating with internal and external support teams
- Keeping current on Ravenna updates and system enhancements; making recommendations to the office about changes to procedures and best practices
- Overseeing the administration and maintenance of online applications through Ravenna including, but not limited to, data entry, processing, and updating of applications and related forms, as well as creating requested reports
- Monitoring other accepted applications such as the Standard Application Online and uploading applicant information in Ravenna
Successful candidates will possess excellent social, written and oral communication skills; an ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines, the flexibility to manage multiple and, at times, competing priorities; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail; the ability to maintain confidentiality; and the ability to work independently and collaboratively. Candidates must be able to remain seated for extended periods of time.
Candidates must have: a college degree; a minimum of 3 years of experience in database management experience, preferably with an ability to write, update, and troubleshoot scripts in Filemaker; a high level of proficiency with a variety of computing systems, including Microsoft and Apple platforms, MS Office suite, and Google Apps; and the ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets, both in Google Sheets and Excel. A working knowledge of Ravenna is optimal.
This is a 12-month, full-time position reporting to the Assistant Head of Admission and Strategic Initiatives. The position begins July 1 with training sessions in May and June.
Dana Hall seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity and mult