The Advent School, Boston, MA
The Advent School: Administrative Coordinator
The Advent School, located in the Beacon Hill section of Boston, Massachusetts, serves 200 students in pre-Kindergarten through Sixth Grade. A mission-focused school founded in the principles of social justice, Advent has served the students and families of Boston since 1961. Through its Reggio Emilia-inspired curriculum, Advent’s faculty deliver authentic, rigorous, and experiential learning opportunities that encourage students to “learn with passion, act with courage, and change the world.”
Advent seeks an Administrative Coordinator to join the school community. The Administrative Coordinator is the first point of contact for many constituents in our community, including students, families, and staff. As such, the Coordinator is a welcoming presence prepared to handle a wide range of inquiries and requests, including answering phone calls and greeting visitors. They can provide information on various topics, including school policy, academic calendar, and day-to-day operations of the school. The Administrative Coordinator also administers basic first aid care to students when the school nurse is unavailable. This individual reports to the Operations Manager.
The hours for this position are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; some nights and weekends may be required for special school events.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails, ensuring that information is properly transmitted to families, students, and administrators
- Act as point of contact for crossing guards and mail carrier, ensuring ongoing communication including when the School is closed for holidays and breaks
- Welcome school community members and visitors to campus and track movement in and out of the building through the visitor log
- Communicate appropriately with children from Pre-K through Sixth Grade
- Ensure that daily data is entered into the school database (Blackbaud), including student attendance
- Enter and update school records in the database such as emergency contact information
- Provide School data to the State as needed, including enrollment numbers, vaccination rates, etc.
- Create and communicate daily and weekly pick up and transportation plans for students with support from the Operations Manager
- Communicate with families and bus operators (through Boston Public Schools) regarding bus transportation
- Assist the Operations Manager with additional transportation needs including booking buses for field trips
Required Skills & Characteristics
The Advent School is a good fit for professionals who believe in the School’s mission of education for equity and social justice. Candidates should possess strong personal drive and motivation, demonstrate exemplary professional behavior and values, and be resourceful, responsible, and collaborative.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of administrative experience in addition to:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Effective and courteous communication
- Detailed oriented, self-starter, and excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with school databases, specifically Blackbaud, is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to Amber Lowe, Chief of Staff, at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Advent School is committed to equal employment opportunities in hiring, compensation, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. There will be no discrimination or harassment against any person in any aspect of employment because of sex, race, color, age, religion, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Administrative Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position for the 2022-23 academic year that includes medical and dental insurance, a 403(b) plan, professional development opportunities, and vacation benefits.