Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Director
Buckingham Browne & Nichols School, Cambridge, MA
The Assistant to the Upper School Director provides a high level of administrative support to the Upper School Director and the Upper School Office. This person serves as a source of information for students, parents, faculty, and visitors, and helps to ensure the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities of the Upper School Campus. Specific responsibilities include maintaining the calendar for the Upper School Director, coordinating Upper School events and meetings, providing administrative support for the Upper School Office, and corresponding with faculty, students, and parents as needed. The Assistant also provides support to other Upper School and All-School functions as time permits.
This position is a 12-month position with work hours of 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Occasional meetings require the Assistant to the Upper School Director to be available before or after these hours.
Skills and Competencies:
An education beyond high school (a bachelor’s degree or equivalent) is preferred. At least five to eight years of administrative experience with communication and confidentiality responsibilities is preferred. Experience in an educational environment is also strongly preferred.
- Computer literacy with strong skills in G Suite, Microsoft Office and other database software (preferably Veracross); adept at learning new software
- Strong writing, grammar, and proofreading proficiency
- Ability to manage multiple projects to deadline
In addition, the AAUS must:
- Strong commitment to working in and fostering an equitable and inclusive community
- Advanced communication skills
- Be highly organized, able to multi-task, and a self-starter
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively, exercise judgment and creativity, and willingness to work with others as a team
- Excel at problem resolution and possess a willingness to find new solutions
- Handle privileged information with discretion and tact
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including an occasional evening, weekend, or early morning