Administrative Assistant to the Deans
Miss Hall’s School, Pittsfield, MA
Mission: Miss Hall’s School inspires and encourages each girl to pursue the highest standards of learning and character; to contribute boldly and creatively to the common good; and to seek a purposeful life based on honor, respect, growth, and personal authenticity.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement: At Miss Hall’s School, we champion social justice; insist that all community members demonstrate respect for each other through words and actions; and affirm that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to learning and problem solving, discovery and personal growth, and cultivating empathy and cultural competency. Guided by these beliefs, and with the understanding that being an inclusive community requires ongoing work and commitment, we foster cross-cultural dialogue and allyship to honor and celebrate our diverse community.
The Administrative Assistant to the Deans provides high level executive support to the School’s three Deans – Dean of Academics & Faculty, Dean of Equity & Inclusion, and Dean of Students. The Administrative Assistant manages the day-to-day operations of the Deans’ offices and coordinates all events, programs, and major initiatives led by the Deans. As a key liaison and communication hub, this position is responsible for ensuring effective connection and collaboration between the Deans and all school constituencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first-point of contact for three school leaders: Dean of Academics & Faculty, Dean of Equity & Inclusion, and Dean of Students
- Assist with day-to-day functions to ensure the undisrupted function of the Deans’ offices
- Act as a liaison between Deans and all members of the school community, facilitating regular and timely communication between the Deans and families, and Deans and faculty/staff
- Manage schedules and appointments for the Deans, with a focus on anticipating future needs
- In collaboration with Business Office, College Counseling, and Admissions, maintain student records and databases
- Track student attendance, in coordination with faculty, nurses, and coaches
- Ensure timely compilation and distribution of student grade reports and comments
- Communicate school policies on behalf of the Deans to support student well-being and safety
- Provide logistical support for the evening and weekend duty teams by maintaining accurate daily records of student absences, leaves, and off-campus activities
- File and maintain documents for the Deans’ offices, including but not limited to: schedules, correspondence with families, advisor information, professional development resources, etc.
- Assist the Deans and Director of Academic Counseling with maintenance of comprehensive student and all-school calendars
- Provide as needed administrative and hands-on support to student programs including but not limited to Horizons, athletics, health and wellness, and weekend activities
- Assist with the production of the Student-Family Handbook and other policy documents
- Coordinate special projects as requested by the Deans
- Serve as a member of the Administrative Assistants Team and Logistics & Planning Committee
- Attend committee meetings overseen by the Deans, preparing and distributing minutes as needed
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of all-school events such as Opening of School, Family Weekend, Senior Awards, Commencement, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- At least four years of administrative experience required; experience in a school setting preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated experience managing concurrent time-sensitive projects skillfully and efficiently
- Initiative and drive with strong follow through to achieve individual and school-wide goals
- Discretion, integrity, and professionalism, with ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
- Strong written and oral communication skills, both with internal and external constituencies
- Demonstrated experience interacting effectively and respectfully with diverse constituencies
- Proficiency with GSuite and ability to learn and use multiple technology platforms and systems
- Keen observer and problem-solver, able to propose creative solutions and use good judgment
- Flexibility, optimism, and calm, even in stressful situations
- Awareness of appropriate boundaries and respect for the needs of an all-girls population
- Commitment to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values