Administrative Assistant for Little and Lower Schools
Lincoln School, Providence, RI
Lincoln School, founded in 1884, is an independent K-12 Quaker girls’ school with a coed program from ages six-weeks through Pre-K. We are seeking applicants for a full-time, 12-month Administrative Assistant for the Little and Lower Schools. This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with people in a collaborative, energetic, and educational environment. The Administrative Assistant will support the Directors in maintaining the routine functions of the school day and related activities. The Administrative Assistant is often the first point of contact for families and faculty, and as such, must possess excellent communication skills to work with a broad spectrum of people, including students, faculty, staff, administration, and parents/guardians. This position handles sensitive and confidential information regularly, so diplomacy, tact, and discretion are essential skills. The position also requires a high degree of organization and attention to detail, as well as a proactive and cooperative approach to problem-solving.
Lincoln School values working with a diverse faculty and staff and seeks applications from individuals who share our commitment to educating girls to fearlessly embrace the opportunities and responsibilities of full citizenship in a complex world.
Description of responsibilities:
- Supports a warm and inviting atmosphere for young children and their families
- Serves as Little and Lower School receptionist; performs administrative assignments with minimal direction
- Answers incoming telephone calls and emails
- Manages the entrance and lobby to the Lower School
- Provides clerical/administrative support for the Little School admission process
- Refers people to the appropriate person to solve problems when necessary
- Maintains divisional calendars for Little and Lower Schools
- Coordinates weekly newsletters for Lower School teachers
- Coordinates daily student attendance and dismissal information for Early Childhood and Lower School
- Coordinates duty rotation for Lower School teachers
- Coordinates with nursing staff
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, meeting rooms and required equipment for meetings
- Coordinates with Business Office on budget and maintains an adequate supply of materials for the divisions
- Coordinates divisional needs as directed by the Directors of the Little and Lower Schools
- Manages the Directors’ schedules and calendars in concert with school priorities and the all-school calendar, providing timely and accurate follow through on minute and grand scales. Coordinates with Middle and Upper School and Head’s Office.
- Arranges for substitute teachers; coordinates substitute teacher’s needs
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of the Little and Lower Schools. Occasional night and weekend duties will be required.
Skills and competencies:
- At least three (3) years administrative support experience, ideally in an educational setting
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to cultivate strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to follow-through and close loops
- Strong proficiency in Google environment as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and other database programs
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage student records
- Meeting, calendar, time, and event management experience
- Ability to handle confidential information and act with discretion
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing the responsibilities of the position
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3-5 references to Julie Stafford, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com. Lincoln School is committed to building an equitable and inclusive educational community. Applicants are requested to address in their cover letter how they will work with us to further this goal.
For more information on Lincoln School, visit our website at www.lincolnschool.org.
Lincoln School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Members of groups historically underrepresented in independent schools are strongly encouraged to apply.