Administrative Assistant for Admission Office
St. John’s Prep, Danvers, MA
About St. John’s Prep
St. John’s Prep is an inclusive, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School for young men in grades 6 through 12. Founded on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust, and zeal, we educate students to be, do and stand for good in the world. We enroll approximately 1,500 students from more than 90 communities in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant for Admission is responsible for the administrative office activities for the Office, which includes work for both Middle and High School admission. This role reports directly to the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management and works in close cooperation with all members of the Office of Admission to provide day-to-day support to the team. Occasional evening and weekend hours are required. This is a salaried, full-time, 12-month position.
Some of the key responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Supporting the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management and the members of the Office of Admission with communications, planning, and administrative tasks.
- Entering, managing and maintaining data in the admission system (SchoolAdmin) and maintaining familiarity with the School’s student information system (Blackbaud).
- Creating and updating spreadsheets, tables, and other documents in the Google Suite and Excel.
- Coordinating admission mailings, such as inquiry packets, mailers, decision packets, etc.
- Assisting with the operational components of decision release, such as merging and printing decision letters, organizing materials, coordinating parent volunteers, etc.
- Planning and executing the operational components of events.
- Accurately tracking event registrations and logging event attendance in SchoolAdmin.
- Conducting campus tours and facilitating Eagle for a Day Shadow Day if necessary.
- Providing a welcoming presence and helpful attitude when engaging with both internal and external audiences.
- Ensuring professional and effective telephone, mail, and email communications.
- Monitoring and managing multiple email accounts and office calendars.
- Preparing necessary work orders for room reservations, maintenance issues, dining services, etc.
- Executing routine administrative tasks such as answering the phone for the main admission line, processing mail, filing, photocopying, scanning, processing payments, and ordering materials and supplies.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Assistant Head of School for Enrollment Management.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Perform duties with a high level of professionalism and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Prioritize work assignments and juggle many projects concurrently.
- Carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision, work effectively both independently and collaboratively, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Desire to work with a variety of people including staff and faculty school-wide.
- Knowledge of St. John’s Prep and our campus partners to be able to answer questions from prospective families.
Education and Experience
- Experience providing administrative assistance required, preferably in admission and/or a school setting.
- MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel), Google Suite (Mail, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides, Calendars), and database management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
St. John’s Prep is committed to building a diverse and inclusive campus community. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups. We seek applicants who demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism and diversity that is manifested in classroom practice, student engagement, interpersonal communication, and curricular decisions. For more information about our academic, spiritual and student life programs, please visit www.stjohnsprep.org.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter and résumé to Tracii Schaeublin, Assistant Head of School for Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.