Boston College High School, Boston, MA
Boston College High School is a Catholic, Jesuit, independent school serving approximately 1400 young men across grades 7-12 from various communities across Massachusetts. Founded in 1863, Boston College High School continues its commitment to an authentic formation of the head, heart, and hands within the parameters of the Characteristics of Jesuit Education, the Ignatian Pedagogical Paradigm, the BC High Mission Statement, and the strategic plan.
Boston College High School is seeking a full-time Adjustment Counselor, effective late January, who will serve as part of a team within the School and College Counseling Office. The Adjustment Counselor will report to the Director of School and College Counseling.
The successful candidate will be a passionate counselor who serves as a resource for students in grades 7-12 and provides an added layer of support to the student body, working in conjunction with the student’s head of house and school counselor, to support their social and emotional wellbeing.
- Meeting with students individually and in groups to support social and emotional well-being
- Conducting safety evaluations and ensuring appropriate referrals and follow up
- Collaborating with families, heads of house, school counselors, teachers, administrators, etc.
- Working closely with families to provide referrals and collaborating with outside providers
- Engaging the community in prevention programming around mental health and wellness
- Participate in Professional Learning Groups
- Participate in school-wide, community events including professional development days, masses, admissions events & graduation events
- Ideal candidates will have a master’s or advanced degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Psychology, or other related degree.
- Several years of clinical experience is preferred.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: free daily lunch, cost-effective/competitively priced daycare on site (pending availability), free parking, funded unique and comprehensive professional development opportunities, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Deadline for applications: January 20, 2023
Start Date: January 30, 2023
Applications should include a cover letter and resume, must be submitted through our online Paycom system link, and be sent care of Ms. Sue Glover; Manager, People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org.