Accounts Payable Temporary Support
The Wheeler School, Providence, RI
This is a temporary full time position for the 6-month period February 1, 2022 through July 31, 2022.
It is assigned to the School Business Office and is a direct report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Accounts Payable Function
Responsible for the Accounts Payable function for the School’s operating, restricted, and student funds, including but not limited to the following:
- Receive invoices for payment for operating, restricted and student fund expenses
- Confirm receipt of supplies, materials or services purchased
- Match invoices to purchase orders, if a purchase order was processed
- Verify authorization of expense by department head/budget holder
- Confirm/assign the appropriate budget account number to the invoice payment
- Enter the payment in the accounts payable software system
- Produce accounts payable payments twice a month both internally via check processing and externally via the electronic payment processing system,
- Reconcile the check/electronic payment amount with the invoice, obtain signatures/authorization on the check/payments, and mail/confirm electronic transfer of funds
- Produce a check/electronic payment register report and maintain files of check stubs, invoices and back up pertaining to each payment cycle
- Close out the accounts payable system monthly by posting activity to the General Ledger
- Produce monthly closing reports and post them to the Business Office shared drive
- Reconcile the total of all invoices paid with the accounts payable journal on a monthly basis
- Maintain accurate and complete Accounts Payable files
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and independent auditor in the annual audit procedures as it relates to the accounts payable function.
Purchasing and Receiving Function
- Coordinate, facilitate, expedite and receive orders for school-wide supplies and services throughout the year.
- Utilize and manage the School’s purchase order system.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and the Business Office Team as needed.
Candidates for this position should have strong accounting skills and excellent office, organizational and communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products. Non-profit accounting experience is a plus as well as familiarity with Blackbaud Financial Edge software. The ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, to multi-task, and to manage a varied workload is essential.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to KathyWilson@wheelerschool.org