Accounts Payable Coordinator
Beaver Country Day School, Chestnut Hill, MA
Beaver Country Day School – an independent day school located just outside of Boston – serving grades 6-12, seeks an Accounts Payable Coordinator. This is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
Who We Are:
We are not your typical independent school. Education is not traditionally seen as forward-thinking. But that’s not the case at Beaver. Across all departments and functions, we welcome change and seek feedback to continuously improve. Our “Launch, Test, Refine” mindset promotes flexibility, risk-taking, open-mindedness, and innovation. Our business is providing a future-focused education rooted in real-world context and experience, and our clients are our students.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Run the full accounts payable cycle including review and approval of check and credit card requests, third-party payment processing, and weekly check runs.
- Process employee reimbursements.
- Collect and maintain vendor W-9s and certificates of insurance.
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendors and payment processors.
- Manage and process annual 1099s.
- Serve as a key point of contact for the school’s credit card holders and oversee the submission of charges with proper documentation and support.
- Manage petty cash distribution and reconciliations.
- Train faculty and staff on processes and procedures related to our invoice and credit card expense management system.
- Assist with the annual financial audit including tracking prepaid expenses and pulling AP invoices for the auditors.
- Maintain organized business office files in adherence with document retention policies
- Other projects/tasks assigned by the Controller or CFO.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate the following skills and mindsets:
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in accounting preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical & computation skills and high proficiency with technology, including Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and accounting software, preferably Blackbaud Financial Edge.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of members of the community, including teachers, administrators, parents and students.
- Commitment to the school’s needs, willingness to help at all levels to get the job done.
- Must enjoy working in a youth-centered academic environment.
- Flexibility and sense of humor.
Additional things to know:
- Generous paid time off and benefits. For more information visit our website.
- Breakfast and lunch provided, as well as coffee and snacks.
- Free parking and close to the MBTA Green Line D.
- Complete vaccination against COVID-19 is currently a condition of employment at the School. The School considers requests for exemption on medical or religious grounds on a case-by-case basis. The School’s COVID-19 and other policies are subject to change at any time.