Accounts Payable and Card Program Supervisor
Phillips Academy, Andover, MA
The Accounts Payable & Card Program Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and managing the accounts payable functions, the Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program via Chrome River and US Bank, the student balance card (BlueCard) program, and the US Bank AP Optimizer program. This role is key to ensuring efficient operations and process improvements across these functions, with a commitment to continuous evaluation and automation as applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily operations of accounts payable functions including managing a team of two.
- Manage and optimize the Purchasing Card (“P-Card”) program via Chrome River and US Bank ‘Access Online’ platforms, including monthly reconciliations.
- Manage and optimize the Academy’s student card (BlueCard) balance program & work towards implementing a new prepaid credit card program to replace the BlueCard.
- Supervise and oversee the vendor payment process, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Provide training for AP team and other relevant personnel on AP and P-Card procedures.
- Oversee recurring expenses including building rents, leases, and other recurring payments.
- Oversee vendor master file including new vendor setup and W9 verification.
- Prepare annual 1099’s.
- Reconcile AP entries to trial balance and ensure proper GL coding and accuracy of invoices that are approved in the Unit4 accounting system.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and internal departments.
- Administer and continually improve the US Bank AP Optimizer program.
- Continuously evaluate and drive automation improvements for AP and P-Card workflows and systems.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for all users of Chrome River and all other card program.
- Manage the year end accrual schedules.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the department in academy and external meetings as assigned.
- Oversee new and continuing projects and initiatives as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related discipline plus 5-7 years of professional level industry experience in Accounts Payable and P-Card Program management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and independent problem-solving skills.
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with a particular emphasis on advanced Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to remain composed during difficult customer service situations.
- Ability to clearly and confidently present ideas to others in a public forum.
- Strong leadership abilities with the ability to work independently; resilience and adaptability to change are essential.
- Experience with Chrome River or similar types of software preferred.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting software programs used to access and utilize data files.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines while producing accurate information.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer terminal.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading, developing, and managing a competent, effective, and motivated staff of two. Direct supervision experience and interest in developing talent is required.
Phillips Academy requires that all faculty, staff, and administrators, subject to disability and religious accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, be up to date with their COVID vaccination, which includes any boosters that have been added to meet the CDC definition of up to date. For student-facing faculty, staff and administrators, this now includes the new bivalent booster.
Phillips Academy is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service or any other characteristic protected by law. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI, and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.