Kents Hill School, Readfield, ME
About Kents Hill
Kents Hill School is one of the oldest co-ed boarding schools in the country, located on 400 beautiful acres in Maine. We bring boarding and day students together from across the world to engage in self-discovery and growth, both in and out of the classroom. Diversity, equity, and belonging are integral to our community as we actively strive to be an anti-racist school through consistent and ongoing learning for all. Our caring and deeply engaged faculty members truly know each student, and because of that are able to create transformational experiences. With student-centered inquiry at its core, the academic curriculum merges the four dimensions of learning (knowledge, skills, character, and reflection) with PBL (project-based learning) to balance academic rigor with strong support. Students also have the opportunity to explore their passions in athletics and the arts and develop leadership potential with over 30 clubs and activities.
This position reports to the Controller and handles the day to day operations of the Business Office. This position is integral in helping maintain the financial integrity of the school, and requires good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in an academic environment. The position requires a good attention to detail and the ability to work in a group as well as independently. Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines is essential. This position requires the ability to work with changing schedules and priorities in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of financial information technology applications is an important component of this position. Ability to master software and web based applications/platforms.
This is a full time, 12-month position.
Accounts Receivable/Cash Receipts
- Maintain and support student billing database and files
- Maintain student accounts database in Odin. Student charges and payments.
- Update accounts receivable for bookstore and other charges.
- Collect and post payments.
- Track overdue accounts and assist with collection.
- Provide families with billing information.
Accounts Payable/Cash Disbursements
- Maintain accounts payable database and vendor files, 1099s, W9
- Code, post and schedule for payment all vendor invoices.
- Process, post and prepare vendor payments for mailing.
- File vendor invoices
- Input and maintain positive pay records.
- Open and maintain student bank accounts
- Operate student bank.
- Prepare deposits, maintain cash on hand, and prepare checks for students.
- Balance accounts weekly.
- Post student charges, track overdrawn accounts
- Post journal entries and maintain journal entry file.
- Maintain chart of accounts with detailed descriptions, balance sheet reconciliations
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Light office duties including mail, supplies, other
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School or CFO
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates degree in Accounting or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Outstanding communications, organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Kents Hill School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.