Academic Operations Assistant
Gann Academy, Waltham, MA
Gann Academy is a pluralistic Jewish high school that challenges students to cultivate their talents and interests in all areas of human potential: intellectual, artistic, spiritual, and physical. Our faculty, comprised of Jewish and non-Jewish educators, facilitates the student journey. We seek teachers committed to collaborating and growing in their teaching practice, supporting diverse learners in the classroom, and connecting with students outside the school, formally and informally.
Gann Academy is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We believe including diverse perspectives will improve our work, societal, and learning outcomes. All employees participate in this commitment, whether internally, in building a welcoming workplace culture, or externally, in ensuring inclusive engagement with families and other community members.
Perhaps most of all, Gann offers a community of intelligent, collaborative, and compassionate professionals who care about their work, school, and colleagues. We help one another learn, solve problems, and have fun.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Academic Operations, the Academic Operations Assistant provides administrative and office support to the school’s Academic Operations. This position performs various administrative, technical, and support functions, including utilizing automated student information software, establishing and maintaining a recordkeeping system, calendar & scheduling, answering the phones, and providing customer service to faculty, staff, students, parents, and visitors. This position requires effectively managing two senior administrators’ calendars, keeping the administrators on task, and the Academic Operations office running efficiently.
This is a non-exempt, 11-month, in-person position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication and Scheduling
- Take ownership of calendaring; schedule meetings and accurately maintain calendars for the Assistant Head of School for Student Experience and Assistant Head of School for Teaching & Learning; ensure that supervisors are prepared for all meetings and appointments
- Maintain Academic Master Calendars for internal and external use in collaboration with operations staff
- Schedule room assignments for meetings, club meetings, visitors, and other academic needs during the school day
- Assign subs for absent teachers and maintain records of coverage
Administrative/Clerical Duties & Collaboration
- Compose, create, and type a variety of forms, letters, lists, reports, spreadsheets, applications, bulletins, files, folders, and other materials as requested; duplicate and distribute/collect materials as necessary
- Proofread all official documents and forms of communication for clarity, accuracy, and grammar
- Coordinate, prepare, and distribute hard copy and electronic mailings to students, parents, and others as needed; and collect, sort, and distribute Academic Operations mail and email.
- Provide front desk coverage as needed
- Maintain an accurate, confidential, and detailed record of all calls, emails, faculty & staff questions, and student and parent meetings
- Create and maintain a procedures manual and calendar of annual tasks and communication for the school year
- Competitive salaries
- Professional development
- Comprehensive benefits package featuring generous paid time off policies -including sick time, paid vacation, personal days, and U.S. holidays. Gann employees get up to 15 days off for Jewish Holidays, depending on the Jewish Calendar
- Short Fridays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan Match (403B) starting immediately!
- Hungry? Gann has a full-service kosher dairy dining hall complete with a fresh salad bar and multiple hot meal options
- Free parking!
- Fitness facilities for our faculty and staff
- Life Insurance
- Short – and Long-term disability
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical demands include dexterity for office machine/supply operation, including but not limited to computers, telephones, electronic calculators, copy machines, and printers. Stooping, bending, reaching for files or supplies, and sitting or standing for extended periods are common.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Gann Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the school to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression), and pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot ensure that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.