Academic Office Support Staff
Newton Country Day School, Newton, MA
Newton Country Day seeks an administrative professional in the Academic Office. This position involves assisting the Registrar with the operations of the Academic Office, interfacing with students, faculty, and parents, and supporting the Senior Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with a desire to work collaboratively
- Effective time-management skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- An appreciation for the Sacred Heart Mission and Goals
- Enjoys working in a school environment
- A positive approach to tasks and problem solving
- Assist the Registrar with managing student records in the Academic Office including attendance, grades, and transcripts
- Act as a resource for students and faculty regarding questions about the schedule or attendance
- Schedule coverage for faculty who are absent
- Provide coverage for other staff members when needed (Front Desk, etc…)
- Provide general Academic Office support including document filing and retrieval, scanning, mailings, printing, creating labels, exporting files, etc.
- Utilize the Veracross Student Information System to run queries, update records, etc…
- Manage confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion
- Help facilitate the international Sacred Heart Exchange Program (Manage applications, health forms, etc…)
- Assist the Assistant Head of School and Head of Upper School with parent communication and scheduling of meetings and conferences
- Assist with other duties as assigned and necessary
- Experience and/or capacity to learn the Veracross Student Information System and other school technologies (Google Applications for Education, Microsoft Office)
- School administrative office experience is a plus
Newton Country Day School offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1880, Newton Country Day School is an independent, college preparatory school for girls, grades 5 – 12. Rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition, Newton is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools, which spans forty-four countries and twenty-one cities in the United States.
Interested applicants should email resumes to Ellen Levine: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
All Newton Country Day School employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Newton Country Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.