9-12 Spanish Teacher
New Hampton School, New Hampton, NH
A full-time faculty member at New Hampton School participates in all facets of boarding school life. Believing teachable moments occur in a variety of venues, the school asks each faculty member to work in the classroom, in the co-curricular arena, as an advisor, and in the residential life program. Additionally, faculty members are expected to be role models to the adolescent community.
A faculty member at New Hampton School works throughout the academic year, as well as when their job duties require them to work. A faculty member engages with students through the academic, school life, and co-curricular programs. The full-time faculty position is a salaried position and includes applicable benefits in accordance with School policy.
Responsibilities Included (but are not limited to):
- Support the school’s mission, vision, and values.
- Attend orientation, faculty and departmental meetings, service-learning days, professional development days, weekend activities, and periodic community
- Perform one other duty as assigned by the Head of
- Attend all-school functions (required meals, community meetings, graduation, )
- Be familiar with school policies, rules, and regulations, and comply with the school’s health and safety policies.
- Teach four content area classes or tutor during five class
- Be flexible with changes to job responsibilities due to health and safety protocols.
- Advise students following the protocols defined in the “Advising ”
- Perform residential life duties as a member of a five-person
- Provide co-curricular responsibilities during a minimum of two seasons.
- Work a six-day schedule, including Saturdays during the academic year.
- Participate in required professional development opportunities.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree and expertise in subject
- A passion for learning new technology
- A commitment to life-long learning.
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Possess a valid driver’s
- Successfully complete a criminal and motor vehicle background
- Anyone over the age of 18 years old who will be housed on campus with the faculty member will need to successfully complete a criminal background check.
Characteristics of a New Hampton School Faculty Member
Teachers at New Hampton School are expected to create a “Professional Educational Environment”.
Their professional practice should be palpable through the faculty member’s:
- Enthusiasm for teaching and developing global-minded students.
- Empathy and commitment to learn the diverse backgrounds of our community members.
- Ability to appropriately challenge our students in educational settings.
- Eagerness to be a reflective practitioner.
- Interest to learn and experiment with project-based learning.
- Willingness to model school values of respect and responsibility by being organized, reliable and accessible.