6th Grade Teacher
Thayer Academy, Braintree, MA
Thayer Academy is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and team-oriented 6th Grade Teacher to provide coverage for long-term family leave roughly mid-February- mid-May 2022. Primary responsibilities include teaching 6th Grade English, History, and Math and serving as an advisor. Additional responsibilities include running an activity.
Thayer Academy’s mission is “to inspire a diverse community of students to moral, intellectual, aesthetic, and physical excellence so that each may rise to honorable achievement and contribute to the common good.” In its hiring practices, Thayer Academy seeks candidates who come from a broad range of backgrounds and can contribute to a diverse community, who love working with young people, who thrive when engaged in multiple areas of school life, and who welcome professional growth.
The ideal candidate possesses a love of the middle-school-age child, is a team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues, and has at least 1-3 years of teaching experience in a school or other educational setting such as a camp or museum. A bachelor’s degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred.
In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate many of the following:
- Experience teaching 6th grade or Upper elementary students
- Experience teaching English, History, or Math
- Knowledge of and Experience with Responsive Classrooms or other SEL curriculum
- Commitment to working in and fostering an inclusive community
- Knowledge of and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and the impact it has on the classroom climate and curriculum
- High levels of comfort and experience with technology
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and families
- Curriculum design and assessment experience
- Experience in Design Thinking or Project Based Learning curriculum development
This is a full-time exempt position with typical hours of 7:45 to 3, Monday through Friday, although some extended hours may be required.
Please send Middle School Director, Galen Hamann your Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References (name, phone number, email address, and role in relation to you) to email@example.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Thayer Academy is an equal opportunity employer. The Academy complies with and adheres to all state and federal anti-discrimination laws with respect to its employment practices. Thayer Academy does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin or ancestry, age, or disability, or any other category protected under state or federal law. This policy extends to recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, assignment, working conditions, promotions, transfers, termination, re-employment, education, tuition assistance, employee treatment, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. All employment-related decisions are made on a nondiscriminatory basis so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.