4th/5th Grade Language Arts Teacher
Applewild School, Fitchburg, MA
We are looking for a 4th/5th grades Language Art teacher who will teach 1 section of 4th grade Social Studies. We are a project-based school for someone who enjoys working with children and who truly has a passion for teaching. It demands energy, creativity, flexibility, humor and a desire to work within a collaborative environment. Our students have hands-on experiences that allow them to explore their world with their senses and have opportunities to exercise their developing skills and talents. We educate the whole child and a solid understanding of child development guides our curriculum and activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Using approved curricular materials and methods consistent with Applewild’s philosophy and ethos, the faculty member plans and teaches language arts, mathematics, and social studies
- Develops new curricula to better meet the needs of students
- Uses, understands, updates, and analyzes the curriculum map to assess the effectiveness of curriculum materials and methods for excellence at the grade level and for consistency and continuity throughout each department and division
- Develops, plans and teaches study skills
- Assesses and reports on student progress by actively communicating with students’ families using email, telephone, notes, checklists, grades, comments and parent conferences
- Communicates effectively and sensitively with families. Communicates effectively and collaboratively with fellow faculty and administration on student progress and concerns
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and other professional learning committees
- Creates a welcoming, supportive, nurturing classroom by teaching an excellent affective curriculum using approved materials. Currently, Applewild faculty members in grades K-6 use the Responsive Classroom curriculum for these purposes.
– Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field (Master’s degree preferred)
– Proven experience in curriculum development and lesson planning
– Ability to effectively manage a classroom and create a positive learning environment
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Passion for teaching and inspiring students to achieve their full potential
Candidates should send a letter of interest, and resume.