2nd Grade Co-Teacher
Applewild School, Fitchburg, MA
Applewild School invites applications from teachers interested in serving as a 2nd grade co-teacher at our Fitchburg campus. We seek educators with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead by influence to help Applewild increase its inquiry-based, student-centered, interdisciplinary learning environment. Successful candidates will be willing to participate in all aspects of school life, and have a keen interest in fostering a culture of progress through professional learning and collaboration.
Some of the expected responsibilities are:
- Co-teach in the 2nd grade classroom: reading, math, fundations and social studies.
- Embraces the School’s explicit focus on metacognition, with an understanding that what we teach is just as important as how we teach children to learn.
- Communicates effectively, sensitively, and collaboratively with families and fellow faculty.
- Participates in faculty meetings and professional learning communities.
- Creates a welcoming, supportive, and nurturing classroom.
- Supports general schoolhouse management tasks such as supervising lunch/transitions/recess, welcoming students at arrival and dismissal, etc.
- Must have the ability to ascend and descend stairs, as well as be able to move about our hilly campus as well as work outdoors.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated respect for children.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience with Wilson’s Fundation Program and/or Eureka Math preferred.
- Willingness to be trained in and apply the acquired skills of Responsive Classroom.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Candidates should send letter of interest and resume to Amy Jolly, Head of School. firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position in subject line.