Middle School STEM Teacher
Wellan Montessori School, Newton, MA
Wellan Montessori School is seeking an experienced educator to join our team as a Middle School STEM Teacher working with students in grades 7 – 8 for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a full-time position beginning in late August 2021. The Middle School STEM Teacher supports all aspects of classroom operation, including working with co-teachers to prepare the classroom environment, deliver the integrated curriculum, and create classroom and instructional materials. The Middle School STEM Teacher must be comfortable working 1:1 with students and leading small group lessons, as well as teaching a full class of students.
The Middle School STEM Teacher must take shared responsibility for maintaining an orderly, safe, and appropriately challenging learning environment for students, and must be willing to work closely with co-teachers to support the goals of the classroom and the school. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning/documenting curriculum for and teaching Voyager STEM class sessions, co-teaching with other Voyager teachers as needed, supporting individual students during independent work time, and assessing student progress through the curriculum. Shared responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning/leading activities during morning advisory time, supporting students with executive functioning tasks and assignment management, collaborating with co-teachers about curricular integration, drafting parent communication and student progress reports, and coordinating Wellan community connections, such as parent education events and cross-divisional student interactions.
The successful candidate will be well-organized and flexible; have strong communication skills; have strong classroom management skills; have the ability to function in a cooperative team-teaching environment; and be able to collaborate with other educators in our community to create an environment in which students thrive.
Apply Online At: https://wellanmontessori.applicantpro.com/jobs/1927038.html
- Full Time 40 hours per week, with attendance at staff meetings and occasional night / weekend events outside of regular hours required.
- Regular Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 3:30pm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond in a STEM discipline, Education, Child and Adolescent Development, or another field related to Middle School STEM Education.
- At least one year of experience working with children ages 11-14 in a classroom setting, preferably teaching STEM subjects.
- Letter of interest/cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references are required to be considered for this position.